Grilled Cilantro Chicken Thighs will dazzle you mouth and blow your mind!
Many people think of thighs as a undesirable part of chicken. I am on the other spectrum. I really enjoy cooking with chicken thighs. Once people come to a realization that thighs are a flavorful piece of chicken , and are easy to cook . Then they always change their minds about the stigma of thighs. Here are a few reasons I like chicken thighs.
Fat content in Chicken thighs are insurance.
The fat content is higher in thighs, thus. Because of the higher fat content thighs are easy to cook. Which comes in very when handy your new to grilling. The fat content acts as a insurance policy so that your chicken will be moist and flavorful. Who doesn’t like a nice juicy flavorful piece of chicken?
Chicken thighs are inexpensive.
In comparison to other pieces of chicken are cheap . You can find bone in chicken thighs can be as cheap as $.99per/ pound , which is much less expensive than the price of breasts.
Can I freeze cooked thighs?
Yes you can!
Fully cooked chicken thighs can be frozen. Most importantly is that you cool the chicken to 40 as quickly as a possible . By far the best way to freeze them is in a Foodsaver bag . If you do not have a Foodsaver you may use ziplock baggies. With ziplocks make sure to wrap the chicken in plastic wrap first and try to get a majority of the air out of the bag. The chicken can be frozen for up to 4 months.
To reheat the chicken you can leave it in the Foodsaver bag and place in it in a pot of simmering water to reheat it. To insure food safety reheat your meal to 165 Fahrenheit internal temp. For more detailed information on chicken thighs you can visit the National Chicken Councils site at https://www.nationalchickencouncil.org/
Well enough about the thighs let’s get to what you care here for. The recipeJump to Recipe
Grilled Cilantro Citrus Chicken Thighs
- Pellet Grill or Gas Grill
- Non Reactive Marinating dish
- 8-10 pieces Chicken Thighs I like boneless skinless but what ever you like works
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Orange juice
- 1 lemon Juiced
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 limes Juiced i always like to have a coupe extra in case they are not very juicy.
- 1 tablespoon Redmond Real Salt Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon Redmond Real Salt Onion Salt
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 med sized sweet onion
- 1 bunch cilantro cut the bottom off
- Cut the onions into at least quarters so it blends well,
- Chop the lemons and limes in half
- Cut the bottom end off the cilantro
- Place the liquid ingredients and the cilantro, and onions in the blender. Blend until fully blended
- Add in dry ingredients to the blender and pulse until fully mixed
- Place your thighs in a non reactive dish such as a Tupperware dish
- Add the marinade to the dish with the chicken, Make sure they are completely covered
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours up to 24 hours , Do not marinate more than 24 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and pat dry, A little bit of the marinade is ok
- Pre heat your grill to 375 Fahrenheit If your using a charcoal grill set it up for 2 zone cooking
- Grill the chicken 15 minutes each side or until the internal temp is 165 Fahrenheit ! A little char enhances the flavors.
- Let rest about 3-5 minutes and serve